We know we are living in alignment with Reality and Source when …
1. We want what we have rather than running after what we don't have. We understand that our life is the way it is to show us the path home to Self and Source.
2. We enjoy what we are doing right now, rather than hurrying through it so we can get to some other, more important thing.
3. We see our day as one consecutive teaching moment after another, all of it happening to show us the way to greater self acceptance and ultimate surrender to the Will of Source.
4. We see our encounters with others as opportunities to grow and learn, rather than as problems or obligations to be dealt with or endured.
5. We move with intention. All parts of our life, no matter how seemingly unimportant, are relevant and deserve our attention. There is a natural rhythm and flow that bespeaks of being in harmony with life.
6. We maintain a relaxed attitude towards change and little irregularities in life. We are not surprised when we find ourselves heading in a different direction than we thought we were going. There's an easy surrender to life as it presents itself in the moment.
7. Our heart desires are in alignment with the Greater Good and unfold naturally in our lives. We expect everyday miracles and don't need things to be any way other than the way they are.
8. We are good stewards of what we are responsible for. We see ourselves as being in relationship with our environment and so we appropriately care for our possessions. As a result, they serve us well and then we pass them on, with detachment, when they no longer serve us.
9. We see others as being mirrors, reflecting to us our own state of consciousness. We look within for that part of us that is being reflected to us, and we practice accepting what we find, rather than judging it.
10. We are not interested in trying to impress, change, control or maneuver others, leaving us free to be at ease with ourselves and them.
11. We focus on gratitude for what the moment offers. We hold steady rather than riding an emotional roller-coaster. We are positive, upbeat and solid in our support of ourselves and those around us.
12. We communicate clearly and effectively without hidden agendas and without the need to compete or defeat those we collaborate with
13. We notice when negative thoughts interfere with our peace of mind and intervene on those thoughts towards restoring our inner balance and peace.
14. We see the circumstances of our lives as being purposeful. We don't whine, complain or blame when we meet life challenges. Instead we adjust our thinking to look for the inherent benefits in any and all situations and quickly move to apply the lessons we learn from our life challenges.
15. We spend time alone every day deepening our conscious relationship with Source, becoming increasingly Source-reliant, rather than self-reliant.
16. We are less critical and more tolerant and appreciative of the way people are. We drop our “shoulds” and “shouldn'ts” about people and replace them with a gentle and supportive curiosity about where they are. As a result we get along better with people everywhere.
17. We are no longer driven by outside agendas and performance anxiety around not “getting it done,” on time, or not getting it “exactly right.” We have released the impossible demand to succeed or be important. We are at ease and laugh often.
18. When we get upset, we automatically look to our own thoughts as being the cause, rather than blame something/someone outside us as the reason we are upset.
These are some of the characteristics of a life lived in harmony with the way things are, of a life aligned with Source.