1. We are happy when we befriend Reality.
2.There is only one Reality. Reality is how things are right now.
3. It’s what we think about Reality, not what happens in Reality, that makes us feel happy or unhappy.
4. What we choose to think about Reality determines how happy or unhappy we are.
5. Our thoughts create our feelings, and our feelings prompt us to act the way we do. By choosing our thoughts carefully, we decide how we are going to feel.
6. When we think others are responsible for how we feel, we naturally blame them when we feel bad. Blaming others separates us from our friends and makes us unhappy.
7. We cannot make other people happy and they cannot make us happy. Only we can make us happy. Only they can make them happy.
8. When we think others are in charge of our happiness we think we must either make them happy, or we must change, or control them so that we can be happy. This puts us on the Bully Triangle.
9. All of us automatically misbehave when we believe painful, unhappy thoughts. It’s our painful thoughts that cause us to think and act in mean or unkind ways.
10. Taking responsibility for our own thoughts, feelings, and actions and letting others be responsible for their thoughts, feelings, and actions allows us the freedom to live a happy and successful, life.